The TGW Group are a leading supplier and systems integrator of highly dynamic, automated logistics solutions for warehousing, production, picking and distribution operations. The company designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of solutions, from small conveyor applications to complex, fully automated storage and retrieval systems.
We support successful organisations to master supply chain challenges in the most profitable, sustainable and ergonomic way. Our customers include the biggest and best names in the retail sector. So working for TGW involves working closely with excellence and success.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ComC Lead engineer to join our successful team here at TGW Northern Europe (TGWNE)
As a key member of the TGW controls team, working in conjunction with the commissioning manager, you will be overseeing small teams of commissioning engineers and technicians for a successful project delivery of level two PLC control systems for our automated materials handling solutions.
- You will undertake a Team lead responsibility for a number Commissioning Engineers and Commissioning Technicians for delivering a successful project.
- You will undertake full Level 2 commissioning including, Sign off, implementation, testing and integration.
- You will be part of the development of project software using the TGW standard tools and architecture ensuring correct version control used in conjunction with Technical Leads
- When required you will play an active role in the design of control systems
- You will undertake software testing and emulation.
- You will take ownership of the PLC area being commissioned, ensuring all activities are meeting project plans and modifications are reported back.
- You will identify and manage the rectification of any software, hardware and electrical faults.
- You will actively develop Commissioning engineers and Technicians.
- NVQ level 3/ City and Guilds Electrical engineering
- Ability to create PLC code/Siemens S7
- Ability to design and develop HMI and SCADA systems
- A good understanding of networking concepts and hardware, fieldbus technology (profibus/Profinet and ASI)
- Experience of commissioning and testing in an Engineering or industrial Environment
- Be an effective communicator
- Experience of leading a team desirable
We offer a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and pension, life assurance and 25 days annual holiday. Our onsite Gym and wellness programme is freely available to all employees.