We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Controls Services to join our team.
The purpose of this role is the leadership and coordination of the assigned SWEC and COMC employees. In collaboration with the Controls Project Manager, Lead System Engineer and Systems Integration Manager they ensure that information for handling, programming, and commissioning our projects is prepared in a timely manner.
They ensure effective, professional and economic implementation of customer requirements by their team.
- Responsible for the commissioning of the Controls-Trade from the time the order is placed until the end of commissioning
- Management of the team with focus on the effective, professional and economic implementation of the order, as well the requirements of TGW for the optimised provision of services and the administration of the employees
- Recruit, train and coach engineers, with a key focus on personal development and wellbeing
- Predictive resource planning and task distribution in the team and the coordination of requirements with the other teams and with the head of Controls Service, the (Senior) Project Manager, and the Systems engineers
- Escalation level for the team members
- Collaboration and feedback with the various departments in the realisation process (Manufacturing, Installation Services, Process Planning, Supply Chain Management, Controls Development)
- Close cooperation with the System Engineering team and Systems Integration team
- Assistance with inquiries/interests from the other TGW units
- Be the focal point for your team for the creation, delivery and technical support of the software package deliverables of the controls project
- Ensure staff utilisation is kept to the required 85% level
- A relevant qualification or technically trained (electrical engineering, mechatronics or equivalent)
- Management/ supervisory skills/qualities
- Software design/creation and technical delivery within a project environment using Siemens suite of software (Simatic Manager, TIA Portal)
- Good decision-maker with a structured approach to problem-solving
- Experience in resource management
- Highly customer focused with excellent communications skills
- Background in Material Handling/Automation Industry is preferred
- Flexibility and willingness to travel within the TGW NE region
You will receive a competitive salary plus a car allowance and comprehensive benefits package. This includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and access to our onsite gym!