The Field Service Engineer provides a broad based electrical, mechanical and software expertise to support TGW customer sites, upgrades, projects and enhancements.
You will be expected to travel between customer sites both in the UK and Europe, to provide support on several activities. These activities would range from, planned preventative maintenance, equipment repair & breakdowns, project support, supervision, installation, site management and operational support.
Further to the above, you would be required to assist in the covering of holidays and sickness for the residential sites and support the upgrades/enhancements area. Staying away from home for periods of time should be expected for some of the activities mentioned above.
- To support the projects department with new installation and operational support.
- Deliver the installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- To provide support to all sites and projects within the TGW North Europe portfolio.
- To be pro-active, consider ways in which TGW can add more value to our customer’s business
- To provide effective feedback to TGW and the Customer
- To work in a safe manner and follow all Health & Safety requirements including RA’s, SSOW and COSHH requirements
- To comply with current TGW QA procedures and documentation
- To achieve standards of performance relating to customer satisfaction, technical efficiency and company image
- To manage the requirements for training of customer’s staff in line with the contractual requirements
- Support an environment that inspires continuous improvement and the generation of ideas.
- Look for opportunities that can add value for the customer and create possible revenue for TGW.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical qualification
- Previous experience of working in a multi-skilled engineering role within an automated environment
- Able to analyse complex problems
- Ability to travel throughout UK and Europe
- Ability to work away from home in the UK and Europe
- Experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems
We offer the opportunity to work on multiple sites across Europe and become a specialist on all TGW equipment. In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary, company car, bonus, overtime and on-call allowance