The Field Service Engineer provides a broad based electrical, mechanical and software expertise to support TGW customer sites, upgrades, projects and enhancements.
You will travel between customer sites both in the UK and Europe, to provide support on several activities. These activities will range from, planned preventative maintenance, equipment repair & breakdowns, project support, supervision, installation, site management and operational support.
Further to the above, you would assist in the covering of holidays and sickness for the residential sites and support the upgrades/enhancements projects. Staying away from home for periods of time should be expected for some of the activities mentioned above.
- To support the projects department with new installation and operational support.
- Deliver the installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- To provide support to all sites and projects within the TGW North Europe portfolio.
- To be pro-active, consider ways in which TGW can add more value to our customer’s business
- To provide effective feedback to TGW and the Customer
- To work in a safe manner and follow all Health & Safety requirements including RA’s, SSOW and COSHH requirements
- To comply with current TGW QA procedures and documentation
- To achieve standards of performance relating to customer satisfaction, technical efficiency and company image
- To manage the requirements for training of customer’s staff in line with the contractual requirements.
- Support an environment that inspires continuous improvement and the generation of ideas.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Previous experience of working in a multi-skilled engineering role within an automated environment
- Able to analyse complex problems
- Ability to travel throughout UK and Europe
- Ability to work away from home in the UK and Europe
- Previous experience working in a Field or Mobile Engineer role
- Experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems
We offer a competitive salary plus overtime and on call rates which significantly increase yearly earnings, as well as access to our comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy or sell more, health cash plan, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and subsidised gym memberships!
Training and career development also are a key part of the culture at TGW; therefore, you'll have access to training resources internally and externally from day one.