We are now recruiting for an IT Director to join our team and take on overall responsibility for all Software (WCS) related activities across TGW Northern Europe.
As IT Director, you will drive forward the strategic development and growth of the team whilst also enhancing our software development, delivery (IT Project Management) and support processes. You will ensure the successful handover, both to the customer and internal stakeholders, of multiple, high value and complex projects to agreed specifications so that TGW Northern Europe can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Overall Leadership of the IT function within TGWNE
- Ensure that there is an active strategy in place to deliver the 5-year plan of TGWNE and any other group led strategic initiative that impacts IT
- Together with the department management team, ensure that there is a continuous improvement plan that results in tangible benefits to quality, timescale and cost
- Develop a close collaborative working relationship with all TGWNE and Group Directors, attending and actively participating within the Leadership team of TGWNE
- Working collaboratively with the Heads of each IT function to ensure the successful completion of all TGWNE projects
- Evaluate risks in project bids and suggest mitigation strategies
- By developing and maintaining active KPI reviews and through site attendance at a suitable frequency, assess the health of each project and direct the development of recovery plans where required.
- Supporting TGW NE Sales:-
- Working with the bid teams to offer support and advice on IT project delivery
- Work with Process Consultants to calculate and ratify IT budgets in project bids
- Presenting TGW NE implementation capability to clients
- Production of labour forecasts and planning in line with the current monthly and annual planning processes
- Preparation of Business Information (KPIs) and management reporting, focusing on cost, timescale and quality.
- Aware of contractual terms of each project
- Understand how the contractual terms affect TGW
- Act as an escalation for IT topics for both projects and operational sites
- Identify potential problems early on to minimize their impact on budgets and timelines
- Reinforce team approach throughout, both on customer projects and internal initiatives
- Focus on people learning and growing by maintaining and tracking departmental progress using a comprehensive skills matrix
- Work in line with the TGW Company Values and emphasize the importance of doing so
- Continual review of labour recovery to ensure budget performance and recovery targets are attained
- Actively work to maximize employee satisfaction and retention
- Develop and continually review the department structure to ensure reporting lines are clear, effective and broadly in line with the ‘rule of 7’.
- Regularly audit subcontracted IT system progress, quality and performance
- Comprehensive experience with Agile software development and the software development lifecycle
- A background in software and project delivery within Material Handling/Automation Industry
- Excellent leadership skills, with experience of managing large teams
- Experience in leading and motivating skilled teams in a demanding, time-pressured environment
- Understanding of business and operational needs
- Ability to understand technical issues and solutions
- Ability to work to deadlines and budgets
- Self-sufficiency and pro-activeness
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
We offer a competitive salary, car allowance and benefits package which includes a pension, life cover and private medical insurance.