The Resident Technician provides a broad based electrical, mechanical, FM and software first line fix with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance
It is based on a customer’s site and you will be required to assist in the covering of holidays and sickness.
Good communication skills are required to ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained at all times.
- Regular reactive and preventative maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators and shuttles
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Can demonstrate experience or a keen interest in engineering through previous roles / experience and hobbies
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
We offer a flexible working environment and you will receive a competitive salary plus access to our comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy or sell more, health cash plan, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and subsidised gym memberships!
Training and career development also are a key part of the culture at TGW; therefore, you'll have access to training resources internally and externally from day one.