We are now recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Upgrades and Enhancements team.
The Project Engineer is a key member of the Project Realisation function. They manage and provide the necessary engineering detail so that our solutions can be built safely, cost-effectively and to all relevant standards.
They are responsible for the development of engineered solutions from customer commitment through implementation to handover with the verification of system design to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Review of design operational feasibility.
- Value engineering of the solution to ensure the budget is realised.
- Identify added value opportunities.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities for TGW.
- Preparation of system layouts and GA’s.
- Preparation of site installation packs.
- Preparation of detailed specifications and design documents.
- Review of equipment design and specifications to ensure standardisation of design across all projects.
- Ensure that the right TGW equipment is used (Technical detail engineering).
- Support the continuous improvement process within your area.
- Review of equipment throughputs and capacities.
- Preparation of the technical section of ITT’s.
- Technical analysis of tender returns.
- Development of design risk assessments and the review of projects to ensure that all current legislation is fully complied with.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the regulations of the local authorities.
- Designing to the relevant BS / EN standards.
- Participation in regular design team reviews including the preparation of adequate minutes.
- Participation in project review meetings.
- Surveying of sites and installations.
- Management of general project documentation.
- Assistance in the preparation of H&S files / technical files.
- Provide technical sales support.
- Attend customer meetings as required.
- Collaborative, supportive and integrative working with the other TGW colleagues & departments.
- To maintain and develop departmental processes to ensure a continuous drive towards improving efficiency.
- Represents the company in a positive way and in line with our cultural values.
- Several years of experience in a similar role, ideally in a Materials Handling environment
- Educated to at least HNC level in Engineering
- Very experienced CAD user
- Strong MS Office experience, including Excel and Project
- Cost awareness
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to work to precise and structured methods
- Experience in completing 3D layouts