The TGW Group are a leading supplier and systems integrator of highly dynamic, automated logistics solutions for warehousing, production, picking and distribution operations. The company design manufacture and install a complete range of solutions, from small conveyor applications to complex, fully automated storage and retrieval systems.
We support successful organisations to master supply chain challenges in the most profitable, sustainable and ergonomic way. Our customers include the biggest and best names in the retail sector. So working for TGW involves working closely with excellence and success.
We are now recruiting for a Resident Engineering Team Leader to join our team based on our customer site in Norrkoping, Sweden.
The Resident Engineering Team Leader is the team's vocal point for the customer on all automation-related topics. They provide a broad-based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability along with a right-first-time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
The Team Leader must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Leadership of a team of Resident Engineers and Apprentices
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Coordinate all maintenance activities, planned repairs and reactive repairs of the automated equipment on-site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles and Robotics
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all engineering activities with the customer
- Work with a right-first-time mindset at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead/co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Deliver the installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements
- Track serviceability versus targets including analysis of error rates and production of corrective action plans.
- Support and manage the business’s automation monitoring equipment
- Devise and implement plans to increase efficiency and improve quality, against measurable standards
- Support an environment that inspires continuous improvement and the generation of ideas
- Look for opportunities that can add value for the customer and create possible revenues for TGW
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within an automated environment
- Strong electrical and mechanical maintenance background
- Demonstrated ability for problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7, Profibus, Canbus, Profinet and ASI Bus
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment
- Experience in managing small teams on a customer site
- A competitive salary
- Benefits including Pension, Insurance and 30 Days Holiday