We are now recruiting for a Resident Engineering Team Leader to join our team.
The Resident Engineering Team Leader is the team's vocal point for the customer on all automation-related topics. They provide a broad-based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability along with a right-first-time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Team Leader must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Leadership of a team of Resident Engineers and Apprentices
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Coordinate all maintenance activities, planned repairs and reactive repairs of the automated equipment on-site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles and Robotics
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all engineering activities with the customer
- Work with a right-first-time mindset at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead/co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Deliver the installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- Track serviceability versus targets including analysis of error rates and production of corrective action plans.
- Support and manage the business’s automation monitoring equipment.
- Devise and implement plans to increase efficiency and improve quality, against measurable standards
- Support an environment that inspires continuous improvement and the generation of ideas
- Look for opportunities that can add value for the customer and create possible revenues for TGW
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds/ BTEC in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Demonstrated ability for problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment
- Experience in managing small teams on a customer site
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, subsidised gym membership and enrollment into the group-wide profit-sharing scheme.