We are currently recruiting for a Resident (Maintenance) Team Leader to join one of our largest resident site teams based at our client's site in Peterborough.
If you are an experienced Team Leader, Supervisor, Lead Engineer or a Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer looking for the next step in your career please apply within.
As the Resident Engineering Team Leader, you will be the team's vocal point for the customer on all automation-related topics. You will also provide a broad-based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability along with a right-first-time approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Team Leader must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Leadership of a team of Resident Engineers and Apprentices
- Coordinate all maintenance activities, planned repairs and reactive repairs of the automated equipment on-site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles and Robotics
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Lead/co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Deliver the installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- Track serviceability versus targets including analysis of error rates and production of corrective action plans.
- Devise and implement plans to increase efficiency and improve quality, against measurable standard
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds/ BTEC in an engineering discipline
- Experience in managing small teams in engineering environment
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role with material handling equipment or other automated machinery
- Demonstrated ability for problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, medicash health cash plan, subsidised gym memberships and enrollment into the group-wide profit-sharing scheme.
Training and career development also are a key part of the culture at TGW; therefore, you'll have access to training resources internally and externally from day one