We are now recruiting for a Resident Engineer to join our resident maintenance team based at our customer site in Nottingham.
Our Resident Technicians provide a broad-based electrical, mechanical, FM and software first-line fix with a right-first-time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Good communication skills are required to ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained at all times.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on-site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators and shuttles
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency, ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Work with a right-first-time mindset at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead/co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Can demonstrate experience or a keen interest in engineering through previous roles/experience and hobbies
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free on-site gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!