We are looking for a Site Manager based in the Benelux who will manage all elements of site activity from mobilisation through to project closure and demobilisation. This will involve managing the activity of TGW’s contractors as well as its employees. The highest priority for a TGW site manager is to ensure that all of TGW’s staff and contractors are carrying out their work to the correct Health and Safety standards.
The TGW Site Manager will also work closely with project managers and contractors to ensure that installation programmes are properly planned and integrated across all site activity and of course that project timing milestones are met.
- You will have an overall responsibility for Health & Safety and act as a safety representative to ensure that all of TGW’s staff and contractors are carrying out their work to the correct safety standards.
- Liaise with the Project Manager on the specific requirements of the project.
- You will work closely with the TGW Project Manager / TGW Supervisors and all sub-contractors to ensure that installation programmes are properly planned and integrated across all site activity and of course that project milestones are met.
- You will ensure, in conjunction with the Project Manager that all installations meet the quality standards required by TGW.
- Also you will; collate and record all sub-contractor RAMS, attend client co-ordination meetings, hold daily/weekly sub-contractor co-ordination meetings to ensure good progress is being made and is likely to be maintained.
- Given the nature of the role and that it is project based, the Site Manager must be flexible with respect to working hours and have an aptitude for managing and motivating the site team.
- You will be the the first point of contact for First Aid cover and you will write and distribute a weekly progress report of site activities and to highlight any potential delays to the issued project programme.
- You are proactive in ensuring that the work being overseen by the mechanical and electrical TGW site supervisors is to the correct TGW standard.
- Ensuring that all mechanical and electrical installation work is complete and that the entire project has been snagged, documented and closed out prior to any of the sub-contractors leaving site.
- During the project life time the Site Manager will report to the Project Manager but line management responsibility remains with the Installation Manager.
- You have at least 5 years of previous experience in a similar position at a supervisory level.
- You are currently a holder of either of these qualifications: NEBOSH (General or Construction) or a Dutch HVK Diploma / IOSH Managing Safely Certificate / SMSTS / SSSTS or similar.
- You have a minimum of a City and Guilds Qualification or a Dutch Bachelor in a mechanical or electrical engineering.
- You have excellent communications skills in both the English and Dutch language.
- You are flexible to travel to other countries (80% of your time).
- You are an independent, responsible and above all a good communicator who is able to work in a flexible environment.
- Dynamic, open and informal working environment with pleasant colleagues.
- Immediately a permanent contract with a competitive salary and 8% holiday allowance.
- Annual salary growth with good performance.
- Generous travel allowance for commuting and business miles.
- 32 days off and seniority days from 5 years of service
- Our Dual Participation Plan
- Attention for personal development and growth with an individual training budget.
- Support program for employee and family, both business and private.
- Excellent secondary employment conditions including pension, collective health insurance, contribution for a gym, a bicycle plan and extensive employee insurance.