We are looking for enthusiastic Developers to join our growing development team focusing on Upgrade and Enhancement projects.
You will be responsible for developing, writing, implementing, modifying and documenting our Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) Applications and creating new, innovative global components for our existing sites.
An excellent problem solver, you will have keen troubleshooting skills to respond quickly to issues affecting live sites and provide fixes or workarounds for our customers to keep our WCS systems running and improve them where possible.
- Utilise established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to ASP.NET, SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, XML XSD and C# (WPF, EF, WCF)
- Implement new and extend existing features in the TGW Warehouse Control System and Transport Services application stack
- Enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Follow all development practices as outlined by the WCS Development Manager
- Implement and install TGW software on client sites
- Develop and test production level code within required timeframes
- Unit test all code to maintain code integrity
- Supporting the TGW Hotline and LTS team with live site issue resolution and work with these teams closely to improve and implement changes and fixes to our existing customer sites.
- Strong C# development skills
- Experience in SQL Development (PL/SQL or T-SQL)
- Knowledge of / experience with SQL or Oracle Databases
- Good understanding of Unit Testing
- Excellent communication skills with previous experience of working in a client-facing environment
- Good time/task management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe
- Able to work on own initiative/self-starter
- Understanding of software development lifecycle across agile development is desirable
- Experience in on-call support for a Production environment is preferred
You will receive a competitive salary plus access to our benefits package, which includes 25 days annual holiday with the option to buy up to 5 days of additional holiday, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and free access to our onsite gym! A mix of office (covid permitting!) and home-based working is available!