TGW Logistics Group is a leading systems provider of highly automated, flexible solutions supporting distribution and fulfilment for leading retailers and global brands in e-commerce, apparel, general merchandise and grocery. We are now recruiting a Solutions Designer to join our growing team based in Oud Gastel.
The Solutions Designer provides order winning solutions based on standard TGW solutions/systems/modules that are competitively & accurately priced with competitive project time schedules to the satisfaction of the client and TGW.
They are responsible for the detailed design and costing of the solution, interaction with the application engineering and realisation departments, and generating the project's final (external and internal) documentation.
- To be the contact person for the customer on technical matters
- To create presentations and present technical content to the customer in the different phases of the project
- To create the project “case study” in case of winning or in defect, provide the required information for the “loss analysis”
- To deeply understand and challenge the customer requirements
- To identify, understand and challenge the customer decision criteria
- To perform basic data analysis of customer data and/or define data analysis results for the data analyst
- To present data analysis results and challenge the customer with the output
- To define and agree with the customer on all necessary design parameters
- To conceptually define the possible solution alternatives that cover the agreed requirements together with the SPM and SD project coach
- To create a high-level material flow diagram of the possible solution alternatives
- To create a ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude) of the investment for each solution alternative
- To create a labour calculation for each solution alternative
- To create a Total cost of ownership calculation for each solution alternative
- To select the best solution for the customer decision criteria based on the following topics (upon others):
- Total cost of ownership
- Investment costs
- Labour costs
- Energy costs
- Maintenance costs
- Advantages / Disadvantages against competitors
- Flexibility / Restrictions
- Technologies to be used
- Risk analysis, Etc.
- To prepare and organise the “concept review” meetings
- To present results of the concept phase and encourage the customer to challenge the selected concept
- To define (together with the process and SW consultant) which logistic processes are necessary and will be included in TGW´s scope of delivery.
- To deliver all necessary inputs to the Applications Engineering department to create a cost-effective mechatronic solution
- To create detailed flow diagrams (“performance line diagram”) and select together with the Applications Engineer the technologies to be applied in the project
- To ensure that the solution meets all relevant regulations and codes of practice (e.g. escape routes, fire regulations
- To supervise and challenge the Applications Engineering department in the creation of the solution layout
- To prepare and organise the “design review” meeting
- To organize/create and execute internal/external workshops & presentations
- To define the scope of supply
- To execute and coordinate the 3rd party technologies pricing together with the applications engineer
- To execute or coordinate the total price calculation (=Estimator)
- To coordinate the delivery of all the necessary inputs to the LTS (Life Time Services department) for an accurate and on-time execution of the full-service proposal (if required)
- To prepare and organise the Estimator review meeting
- To create and update the offer´s technical documentation (e.g. description of operation)
- To create and present the technical offer presentation
- To prepare and participate in the proposal review meeting
- To assist in the production of the commercial contract pack
- To define or assist in the definition of the acceptance tests
- To participate in the contract review meeting (if required)
Handover to Realisation
- To prepare the technical documentation of the project for the handover to realisation
- To lead/support the technical handover to realisation
- To support the realisation department until the FDS (Functional Description Specification) is accepted by the customer
- To approve the FDS (Functional Description Specification) prior to the customer approval
- A Bachelor in Mechatronica, Electrical in combination with Mechanical and Automation knowledge and experience is desired.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Ability to analyze and understand customer business processes
- Advanced logistic automation design know-how
- Good mechanics, controls, and IT logistic knowledge
- Ability to produce concise and clear customer/internal presentations
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary and intercultural experts’ network
- Good communication, presentation and language skills
- Results and solutions-oriented mindset
- Market-oriented mindset (customer benefits before technology restrictions)
- Cost-effectiveness mindset (over-engineered systems are not the goal)
- You are willing to travel abroad (Austria and UK).
- A dynamic, open and informal working environment with pleasant colleagues.
- Immediate a permanent contract with a market conform salary and 8% holiday allowance.
- Possibility to work remotely (remote working policy).
- Lease car or mobility allowance.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Annual salary growth on good performance & indexation.
- 32 days off and seniority days from 5 years onwards.
- Dual Employee Participation Plan (https://www.tgw-group.com/en/career/about-us/benefits/dual-employee-participation); a profit sharing scheme of the company based on the EBIT of the past year.
- Attention to personal development and advancement with an individual training budget.
- Unlimited online training through GoodHabitz.
- Support programme for employee and family, both business and private.
- Excellent secondary employment conditions, including pension, collective health insurance, contribution for gym, discount on private lease, a bicycle plan and generous employee insurance.