We are now recruiting for a Trainee DevOps Engineer to join the TGW Northern Europe Development team. This opportunity will allow you to learn and grow your skills as a DevOps Engineer.
With training and support, you will become a key contact in the TGW Northern Europe Development Team for the DevOps tooling required to deliver projects successfully. You will support the build infrastructure, including maintaining Azure and VMware environments and manage and maintain our infrastructure.
You will be a key resource for future improvements and our existing DevOps systems, helping streamline processes and increase Departmental productivity.
You will also get involved in hardware and infrastructure requirements for our new and existing client sites and help the teams to implement these.
- Maintain Azure build infrastructure
- Maintain development VMWare infrastructure
- Maintain Azure cloud infrastructure
- Maintain Azure billing across department and projects
- Work with LTS/U&E on ongoing alignment of project infrastructure with Development infrastructure
Internal Systems Design & Improvements
- Working with QA & Architects to implement, improve and maintain automated testing infrastructure
- Working with QA & Architects to implement Release Management Strategies
- Work with the Head of Architecture to look at new ways of improving Developer and QA productivity
External Systems Design & Implementation
- Work with the Group Hardware Team to support TGWNE Sales on Hardware Design for Sales Projects
- Work with new projects to define, document and deploy hardware requirements
- Work with U&E teams to highlight products in existing projects that are becoming ’End of Life’
- Work with new projects to support hardware and deployment practices
- Experience in Windows Server Customization and Administration
- VMWare Administration Experience
- Skilled in Hardware Infrastructure Configuration and Installation
- Understanding of Scripting Languages such as PowerShell or Bash
- Understanding of network addressing and network architecture
- Driven Technologist who is passionate about learning and improving
- Willingness to learn .NET & JAVA to support Automated Testing
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and technology stacks
- Ability to travel to TGW Northern Europe sites.
You will receive a competitive salary plus access to our benefits package, which includes 25 days annual holiday with the option to buy up to 5 days of additional holiday, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and free access to our onsite gym! A mix of office (covid permitting!) and home-based working is available!