Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for a new opportunity within an exciting and growing business? If this is you please apply through the link provided.
The Project Manager will join our Upgrades and Enhancements department to handle multiple projects varying in size and requirements across the UK and Europe.
This is a great opportunity to work on projects for a number of major blue chip companies and household brands.
- Realise all assigned U&E projects in compliance with the company’s Stage Gate process - “Realisation”, and within company defined process instructions, utilising applicable project management documents and tools.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed / adhered to throughout the project lifecycle.
- Control and ensure technical, commercial and legal compliance as specified in the customer contract during overall project execution.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project.
- Manage project changes and intervene to achieve project goals.
- Establish a communication strategy with stakeholders. This includes the requirements of those who need to report to the Project Manager.
- Identify project risks and determine mitigation actions or contingency plans and utilise the team to develop a risk plan.
- Determine type, quality and quantities of resources required and manage the project resource allocation with involved TGW departments
- Coordinate, direct and monitor both TGW internal project resources and third party resources.
- Collaborate with U&E Sales, Design and Lifetime Services teams considering the defined interfaces within the stage gate process
- Monitor vendors through contract life cycle and acceptance of vendor products.
- Track project schedule, procurement, milestones, deliverables, financial plan and quality plan and initiate counter measures in case of deviation and report.
- Report health and safety issues and statistics.
- Communicate escalation requirements at the earliest to U&E Realisation Manager
- Establish procedures for site management, installation, commissioning, ramp-up
- Manage any client training requirements (equipment maintenance and operational)
- Clarify client test criteria and success criteria. Determine any other acceptance criteria and develop an acceptance plan incl. tests and procedure.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings/reviews with client, internal teams and with suppliers.
- Experience of Project Managing brownfield projects and of leading inter-disciplinary teams of engineers & specialists.
- Ideally degree qualified in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, and with a recognized Project management qualification.
- A background in Material Handling/Automation Industry
- History of working in a project management role on high complexity projects.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- A background of working in a Lean environment (Kaizen, Six Sigma desirable)
- Ability to work away from home in the BNL. (incidental other countries)
We offer a flexible working environment and you will receive a competitive salary plus access to our comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy or sell more, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and access to our onsite gym!
Training and career development also are a key part of the culture at TGW; therefore, you'll have access to training resources internally and externally from day one.