This primary purpose of the role is to supply TGW Northern Europe customers with a quality technical hotline service. Ensure all requests are logged within the ticket system, ownership is taken until closure and a professional service is provided at all times.
Other secondary tasks will include but not limited to:
- WCS module testing
- support & monitoring (networks & severs)
- Training delivery to Engineers
- WCS code testing and writing to support Upgrades & Enhancements business
- To provide 24hr * 7 day cover on a rotated shift pattern
- To provide professional telephone support to customers both internal and external
- To provide professional on line software support for WCS systems
- Manage and troubleshoot site-to-site and client-to-site VPNs using appropriate tools.
- To manage the hotline ticket system for IT, Facilities and Controls
- To manage the support process on an integrated basis.
- Maintenance, support and monitoring of virtual environments.
- To work on ongoing issues to reduce the volume of calls.
- To provide effective communication to senior management and support colleagues.
- To maintain support desk documentation.
- To monitor trends and action plans to prevent issue escalation.
- To follow through and own issues raised by yourself, if not resolved.
- To escalate problems to the next support level where required and continue to manage the problem until resolved.
- To create monthly reports
- To review and identify common issues raised from reports that need remedial action, either through PLC / WCS teams or additional site training
- To undertake testing of WCS modules in support of the WCS team when required
- To facilitate the remote monitoring of key accounts control systems
- To attend sites during support office hours as required to support project works and training.
- To facilitate the monitoring of hardware for upgrades such as firmware and also highlight any obsolescence to the U&E team.
- When required provide additional support to the Internal IT Support Analyst
- Experience in software testing or related area
- Materials handling / automation experience
- Experience of IT systems support
- Experience dealing directly with customers / end users
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in WCS.WMS Systems
- SQL or Oracle experience
- Understanding of software development lifecycle across agile development
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, overtime opportunities, 22 days holiday, access to the in-office gym and more