The Controls Technician is a key member of the TGW Controls Team with involvement in the entire project lifecycle. They are responsible for the development and commissioning of all PLC level control systems for our automated materials handling solutions. Interacting with Engineers, Designers and Clients at our Head Office and at various installation sites across France and Spain, they help ensure that we always meet our customers’ requirements.
- Check and test equipment functionalities, subgroup and complete system
- Execute the complete start-up of the automated system
- Design, develop and integrate PLC control software for the system customizing and for on-site adjustment
- Training of the system operator
- Preparation of documentation
- Support of the customer during run-up phase
- Implement PLC software for system controlling at customer site
- Relevant qualification in electrical/mechanical engineering
- At least 2/3 years developing PLC code, ideally using Siemens S7 software or Schneider Software
- knowledge as well as experience in handling regulated drives and bus systems (Ethernet, Profibus)
- High degree of willingness to travel (France & Spain)
- Result orientation and professional way of working
- Stress resistance, flexibility, reliability and loyalty
- Driver’s license
- Languages: Fluent in French and English, Spanish or German will be a plus.