The candidate inside in the technical-sales office (Solution Design) have tasks, in coordination with the other technicians of the department, to develop projects for automation of intralogistics, including automatic storage systems, complex conveyance systems, palletizing and automatic material handling solution.
The Solution Design office supports, collaborates and is integrated with the Sales Department for the development of competitive material handling solutions that meet the customer's technical and functional requirements.
The Application Engineer, in collaboration with the Solution Designers and with the Sales Engineers, develops technically the assigned project, in accordance with the technical guidelines and with the company processes. Interacts and discusses with the project team to find the most efficient and optimized solution to the customer needs. In particular, he develops the layout of the project, calculate and check the sizing and the performances of the equipment, defines the characteristics of the control system, arrange the bill of materials for the mechanical and electronic components to quantify the costs.
A 3-6 month training period is planned at the TGW Group's parent company in Wels (Austria).
The researched figure is a technician, high school graduated, interested in developing his professional career in the technical field. Some years of experience are positively appreciated
He has a good spoken and written knowledge of English.
The position reports to the Sales and Solution Design Manager
For the candidate: you will work closely with system designers and sales in creating tailor-made material handling concepts for our international customers. After an intensive training phase in Wels, Austria, you will be responsible for the following tasks.
- Creation of conceptual, tender and offer layouts
- Calculation of throughput performance, warehouse design and selection of products
- Calculation of mechatronic equipment
- Engineering of complex solutions in the material handling field
- Comparison of quotes and check of logistics sub-supplier equipment
- Technical advice to the sales team
- Contact person for technical questions of customers and suppliers
- Completed technical education (technical drawer)
- Relevant job experience, preferably in the materials handling industry
- Good command of German and English
- CAD knowledge (e.g. AutoCAD)
- Accurate, independent and systematic way of working
- Customer orientation and excellent communication skills
- High willingness to work in a team, to learn and flexibility