Application Engineer - Layout Designer
The candidate inside in the technical-sales office (Solution Design) have tasks, in coordination with the other technicians of the department, to develop projects for automation of intralogistics, including automatic storage systems, complex conveyance systems, palletizing and automatic material handling solution.
The Solution Design office supports, collaborates and is integrated with the Sales Department for the development of competitive material handling solutions that meet the customer's technical and functional requirements.
The Application Engineer, in collaboration with the Solution Designers and with the Sales Engineers, develops technically the assigned project, in accordance with the technical guidelines and with the company processes. Interacts and discusses with the project team to find the most efficient and optimized solution to the customer needs. In particular, he develops the layout of the project, calculate and check the sizing and the performances of the equipment, defines the characteristics of the control system, arrange the bill of materials for the mechanical and electronic components to quantify the costs.
A 3-6 month training period is planned at the TGW Group's parent company in Wels (Austria).
The researched figure is a technician, high school graduated, interested in developing his professional career in the technical field. Some years of experience are positively appreciated
He has a good spoken and written knowledge of English.
The position reports to the Sales and Solution Design Manager
- Layout development with Autocad Mechanics and company applications (parametric modules)
- Calculations and technical checks for the sizing of the equipment and of the automation system using specific calculation tools
- Definition and sizing of the control system and representation on the project layout
- Creation of the project bill of material and cost calculation
- Development of 3D drawings
- Collaboration with the Solution Designer and the Sales Project Manager for the realization of the feasibility studies of the offer documentation
- Technical High School degree (example Mechanical or Mechatronical)
- Knowledge of Autocad and Office package (word, excel)
- Good knowledge of English language
- Proactive, independent and flexible person, able to work in a team and under stress conditions
- Interest in developing the professional career in the technical field
- Residence in the Modena area or neighboring provinces
- Some year of experiences is a plus