Controls Hotline Engineer
The primary purpose of the Hotline role is to supply TGW Northern Europe customers with a quality technical hotline service. Ensure all requests are logged within the ticket system, ownership is taken until closure and a professional service is provided at all times.
Other secondary tasks will include but not limited to:
- WCS module testing
- Training delivery to LTS Engineers
- PLC code testing and writing to support the wider business
- To provide 24hr * 7 day cover on a 12 hour rotated shift pattern
- To provide professional telephone support to customers both internal and external
- To provide professional on line software support for PLC & WCS systems
- To manage the hotline ticket system for IT, Facilities and Controls
- To manage the support process on an integrated basis.
- To work on ongoing issues to reduce the volume of calls.
- To provide effective communication to senior management and support colleagues.
- To maintain support desk documentation.
- To monitor trends and action plans to prevent issue escalation.
- To follow through and own issues raised by yourself, if not resolved.
- To escalate problems to the next support level where required and continue to manage the problem until resolved.
- To create monthly reports
- To review and identify common issues raised from reports that need remedial action, either through PLC / WCS teams or additional site training
- To undertake testing of WCS modules in support of the WCS team when required
- To facilitate the remote monitoring of key accounts control systems
- To attend sites during support office hours as required to support project works and training.
- To facilitate the monitoring of hardware for upgrades such as firmware and also highlight any obsolescence to the U&E team.
- When required provide additional support to the Internal IT Support Analyst
- Extensive Control system experience / knowledge (PLC, IT, Drives, Networks)
- Materials handling / automation experience
- Experience of IT systems support
- Experience dealing directly with customers / end users
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible to travel throughout TGW NE as required
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free on-site gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!