Graduate Software Engineer
As a Graduate Software Engineer you will work as a member of the Hotline Team based in our Market Harborough office to provide quality technical hotline support to TGW Northern Europe's clients. You will become a subject matter expert for all technical related queries for Warehouse Control Systems, ensuring that tickets are logged within the ticket system and take ownership of any issues throughout the process until ticket closure, ensuring a professional service is provided at all times.
As a Graduate Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to work with both bespoke and vendor software : Oracle, VM, SQL, Linux. You will receive 3 months training and work office hours with night shift cover (as and when required) in order to:
- Provide 1st/2nd line user support through calls with clients and log issues on the ticketing system.
- Proactively work on, on-going issues and identify common issues from reports, identifying root causes and collaborating with the Development Team to implement any changes or deliver further training.
- Escalate any 3rd line issues to next level when required, whilst still acting as a key point of contact for the client through resolution.
- You will also be involved with the support maintenance of networks and servers.
- Deliver training to Resident Engineering Teams
- Warehouse Control Systems code and module testing to support the upgrades and enhancements team.
- Proactive monitoring of the customer site, using Icinga monitoring system.
To be considered for the role of Graduate Software Engineer you must posses:
- A relevant qualification in IT / Application Support
- A good understanding of IT/Software Support issue resolution
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, Oracle
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Good time/task management
- Ability to travel regularly throughout UK and Europe
- First Class training and support from our industry-leading experts
- Excellent career development opportunities within a global business
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including access to our free onsite gym