Head of Project Management Team
The Head of Project Management Team will lead, manage and develop a team of Project Managers and the associated realisation activities of TGW Northern Europe. This includes overseeing the management and execution of all projects allocated to the team from initial “commitment” to successful handover to LTS.
They ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and to agreed specifications so that TGW Northern Europe can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations
- Provision of project time schedules, labour estimates and labour availability information to support the bid / no bid and project bidding activity
- Participate in concept design reviews when required
- Provision of resource to create initial risk registers
- Participate in the preparation and sign off of contractual documentation as required
- Attend client meetings and presentations as required
- Identify and implement training plans for the team
- Assist in developing the company to fulfil the 2021 plan
- Ensure that all projects are resourced correctly with competent well trained and well-motivated resources
- Ensure that all projects are run in accordance with the company methodology and processes
- Ensure that project success criteria are clear and unambiguous. These criteria are to include details of testing stage and taking over
- Audit each project continually including Health and Safety, Compliance, Planning, Purchasing, Value Engineering and Cost Saving, Cash flow, Staff/Contractor Performance, Financial Performance, Schedule and risk
- Ensure that health and safety procedures are implemented monitored and adhered to minimize the risk of injury to any personnel
- Ensure that a fully detailed project plan exists with linked tasks; ensure that the plan shows the critical path of the project. Ensure that all contributing departments accept and sign off the plan.
- Ensure that the current inter-company processes are followed
- Ensure that a resource plan is completed as required, and that any issues relating to resource requirements are resolved or (as required) escalated in the business in a timely manner.
- Produce clear and concise, high quality reports of the status of the projects in line with formats provided. Reports are to be provided in accordance with the reporting timetable.
- Recruit team members in line with the budget, company procedures and approval processes.
- Conduct project close out meetings with representatives of the disciplines involved in the project.
- Ensure that the client testing resources of: people, plant and material are provided at the correct time in accordance with our needs (with support from other TGW teams)
- Liaise with LTS (support) to ensure that the required infrastructure of engineering support, remote support, training and spares is in place such that the system can be handed over in line with the project schedule.
- Gain client acceptance of the system in writing
- Ensure that reporting to the client is carried out professionally and to the required frequency
- Manage, in so far as it is possible, the behaviour of the client to maximize the chance of successful project delivery.
- Experience of leading and managing large technical projects and project management teams
- Suitably qualified
- History of working in a lead role on high complexity, high value projects
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A background of continuous improvement
- Ability to work away from home in the UK and Europe
We offer a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and pension, life assurance and 25 days annual holiday. Our onsite Gym and wellness programme is freely available to all employees.