As an IT Engineer, you will act as a subject matter expert for all technical-related queries for customer IT Networks and Infrastructure. You will ensure all requests are logged within the ticket system and you will take ownership of any issues through the whole process until closure, ensure a professional service is provided at all times.
- Administering Active Directory, DNS and DHCP installations.
- Creating, administering and applying Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Installing, managing and administering Hyper-V and VMware hypervisors, including Windows/Linux-based vCentre environments, ESXi 6.0 hosts, vSwitches and virtual machine management.
- Updating vCenter and ESXi hosts with the latest VMware updates.
- Participate in new server / client rollouts using Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Managing and administering Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to deliver patch management to Windows-based server and client operating systems.
- Monitoring customer hardware, including server and network infrastructure with our proactive monitoring software.
- Delivering firmware updates to servers, switches, firewalls and storage devices (NAS / SAN).
- Managing and administering server backups.
- Building and refreshing customer IT testing environments.
- Escalate issues to appropriate third parties / vendors when required.
- Produce detailed documentation and procedures – including “how to” guides, network diagrams and procedures.
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems (Windows Server 2012 / 2012R2 and Windows Server 2016).
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Windows client operating systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10).
- Proficient in installing, administering and maintaining Hypervisors (Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware ESXi).
- Experienced with Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP technologies.
- Experienced in WSUS and the concepts of Patch Management.
- A good understanding of TCP/IP, IP addressing, subnetting & VLAN concepts.
- Possess great documentation skills (especially Word, Excel and Visio).
- Experienced in building, maintaining and upgrading physical server hardware (preferably Dell VRTX, Dell PowerEdge, Dell Blade and Cisco servers).
- Experienced with building, maintaining and administering NAS and SAN storage devices (preferably NetApp, QNAP and Western Digital).
- Experienced with administering backup technologies (preferably Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5).
- A basic understanding of Linux (preferably Oracle and SUSE).
We offer a range of benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday ontop of your standard 25 days plus Bank Holidays. You'll have access to the in-office gym which is free for all employees to use as well as access to the personal training sessions every Thursday, also free of charge. The TGW pension contributions are competitive and so is the global profit-sharing scheme that we offer.