Lead Resident Engineer - Dartford
The Lead Resident Engineer is the vocal point of the resident engineering team for the customer on all automation related topics. They provide a broad based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Lead Resident Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Leadership of a team of Resident Engineers and Technicians
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Co-ordinate all maintenance activities, planned repairs and reactive repairs of the automated equipment on site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators and shuttles
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all engineering activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Deliver the installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- Track serviceability versus targets including analysis of error rates and production of corrective action plans.
- Support and manage the business’s automation monitoring equipment.
- Devise and implement plans to increase efficiency and improve quality, against measurable standards
- Support an environment that inspires continuous improvement and the generation of ideas
- Look for opportunities that can add value for the customer and create possible revenues for TGW
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Experience of managing small teams on a customer site
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7 , Profibus, Canbus , Profinet and ASI Bus
We offer a range of benefits from a competitive salary and overtime package to a London Living Allowance. You will also receive a subsidised gym membership and enrollment into the TGW Group profit-sharing scheme.