Maintenance Engineer - Nights
Are you looking to grow your career, expand your skills, and have more responsibility?
Night shifts. Working unsociable hours isn’t for everybody. However, for some, it presents unique opportunities than working days - less traffic to deal with during your commute, convenience for seeing to your daily activities during the day without needed to hurry, more responsibility on shift allowing you to learn new skills, less disruption, and fewer meetings!
If this appeals to you, then we’re looking to recruit two Maintenance Engineers to work permanent nights (10:30pm-6:30am) – Sunday-Thursday and Monday-Friday. You’ll join a TGW team of 6 Resident Engineers who work at Sainsbury’s TU distribution centre, responsible for maintaining the automated hanging garment solution.
- 1.2 million square ft.
- Holds approximately 3 million garments across 5 storage levels
- Dispatches anywhere up to 180,000 orders per day
- A new extension to the Dürkopp automated hanging garment system went live at the end of 2018 to help improve efficiency and allow further growth within the e-commerce sector.
What you’ll do on a typical night:
- Maintain, service and improve the automated hanging garment system (Dürkopp) along with other automated equipment.
- Your electrical, mechanical and software skills will be put to the test every shift, whether it’s replacing a transfer conveyor gate, re-wiring a 3-phase motor or fault-finding on the control panels or PLC (Beckhoff).
- Liaise with Sainsbury’s own operational teams during your shift, ensuring they’re kept updated on any PPM work or during breakdowns.
- Electrically-biased Engineer, preferably with an electrical apprenticeship or qualification
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
It would also be great if you also had previous experience maintaining and servicing PLC-controlled equipment (e.g. conveyors, cranes, robots, sorters, packers, etc.).
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, 50% discount for gym subscriptions, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!