A hugely varied, multi-site role with the opportunity to work with reputable brands across the UK and Northern Europe working on the latest automated materials-handling equipment.
Due to significant growth in the pipeline of work from our clients, we’re looking to expand our Mobile Engineering Team by recruiting an additional Mobile Engineer. The team are responsible for servicing, planned maintenance and project work on our automated materials-handling equipment over 25 sites in the UK & Northern Europe.
As a Mobile Engineer, you’ll travel to a range of client sites, working on small materials handling warehouses to large complex fulfilment centres for clients within FMCG, automotive, retail, distribution and public sectors.
You will be involved with electrical, mechanical and software fault-finding on automated equipment (such as conveyors, cranes, shuttles, lifts, robots, etc.), carrying out planned preventative maintenance and you‘ll also have the opportunity to get involved with upgrades and enhancements to these sites. In some instances, you’ll be working on a shift as the sole TGW Engineer on-site, therefore you’ll act as a key point of contact for our client’s on-site teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you if you’re currently working in a site-based role currently and looking for your next career step. Alternatively, you may already be working in a Mobile/Field position and looking to grow your knowledge across different sectors, working with well-known global brands and work on cutting-edge equipment and technology.
In return, we offer a structured training programme which will have you buddy up with our dedicated Mobile Team Trainer and go through on-site, classroom and 1-2-1 training sessions to familiarise yourself with TGW’s equipment and software. During your first 3-6 months, you’ll travel to each of TGW’s sites across the UK and Northern Europe. We have a fantastic culture of internal career progression here at TGW which is no different for our Mobile Engineers – this could mean you’d develop into a Technical Specialist (focusing more on PLCs/control systems) or progress into Team Leader roles longer-term.
- Previous experience of working in a multi-skilled engineering role within an automated environment
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical qualification such as 17th edition
- PLC fault-finding experience (Siemens, Allen-Bradley, OMRON, etc.)
- Experience with software such as CMMS, HMI, SCADA, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Able to work in a time critical environment
- Able to travel throughout UK and Europe
- Experience in working with Warehouse Management Systems
- Previous experience working in a Field or Mobile Engineer role
Our Mobile Engineers receive a basic salary of £30,000-£35,000p.a. (depending upon experience), a company car, plus additional overtime, on-call and travel rates.
In addition, you will receive our full benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme, 50% discount on gym memberships, free annual health check, discounts on high-street and online retailers via our affinity scheme, plus much more!