Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Flexible Shift Cover
Dive into a fully automated warehouse work with the latest automated materials handling equipment and make a real impact on the continuous improvement activity.
We’re looking to bring a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our existing client site based in Heston, Hounslow. This is one of three sites in the UK for our client, a leading supermarket, which utilises TGW’s automated solution.
TGW's equipment includes flat conveyors, spiralveyors, automated picking stations and high-speed storage and retrieval shuttles.
You'll join a team of 14 TGW Engineers; this time size means on any shift there will always be three TGW Engineers on site. In addition, you will have support from TGW’s remote hotline team made up of specialist Controls/PLC Engineers and WCS specialists.
No two days will be the same for you, due to the range of equipment utilised on the site. On a typical day, you'll get involved with:
- Carrying out servicing on the conveyors,
- Fault-finding on the BUS network and panels,
- Conducting meetings with the customer’s operation teams to identify improvement areas,
- Servicing the shuttle modules,
- Coordinating planned preventative maintenance
- Leading on breakdowns.
You will work a flexible shift pattern covering maintenance windows and support on the standard shift. Your hours will be 40 per week and will cover both 8-hour and 12-hour shifts.
You’ll be an electrically-biased Engineer from an operational engineering background, ideally having previously worked on automated equipment (conveyors, lifts, shuttles, etc.). You will be confident in communicating with different individuals and used to working in a dynamic environment.
Previous experience with PLC/controls systems (Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Omron, etc.) and/or CMMS tools would also be desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical engineering or have a completed electrical apprenticeship.
- Previous experience of working in an engineering role within an automated environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Mechanical qualification
- PLC fault-finding experience
- FMCG or Food/Drink Manufacturing sector experience
You'll receive a basic salary of £35,000-£39,000p.a. + London Living Allowance and competitive overtime rates. In addition, you'll get a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, 50% discounts to gym memberships, cycle to work scheme and access to discounts via our affinity scheme.