Resident Technician - Didcot
The Resident Technician provides a broad based electrical, mechanical and software first line fix with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance
It is based on a TGW customer’s site and you will be required to assist in the covering of holidays and sickness.
Good communication skills are required to ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained at all times.
The role is Monday to Friday with an early (6-2), days (10-6) and lates (2-10) shift pattern with the occasional bit of weekend work required.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including:
- Conveyor systems
- Shuttle systems, Shuttles, Tote Lift, Shuttle Transfer lift
- Stacking and De-Stacking machinary
- Carton systems, Carton maker, Film insertion, Cutting and Lidding machinary
- Scanner and labelling systems
- Document insertion
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using all warehouse control systems including:
- Microsoft systems
- Basic IT skills
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Support the site manager with planned preventive maintenance stratgey setting
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Support any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Actively seek root cause when remedying any breakdowns
- Ensure all Spares are audited, replaced and correctly monitored
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline with some IT skills, office and hardware.
- Can demonstrate experience or a keen interest in engineering and or IT through previous roles / experience and hobbies.
- Able to work flexible shift patterns inclusive some Saturday working but no nights.
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free on-site gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!