Resident Engineer - Burton Latimer
We’re looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineers to join our Weetabix site based in Burton Latimer, Northamptonshire to provide a broad-based electrical, mechanical, facilities management and software maintenance service. Weetabix‘s partnership with TGW in the design of the automated pallet warehouse has led to significant cost-savings and efficiency improvements over the past decade.
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will support the client’s automated solution, servicing and maintaining the equipment on-site which includes pallet conveyors, carton conveyors, pallet cranes and pallet wrappers. The site has over 22,000 storage locations and three aisles which processes 200 loads per hour, therefore this is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will work with a team of 5 TGW employees (1x Site Manager, 4x Engineers) that will make up the Residential Engineering Team. Following your training programme, you will work as the sole Engineer on shift alongside the Site Manager, liaising with the client’s Operation’s Team.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, pallet conveyors, twin mast pallet cranes, weight checks and pallet checks. CSI carton system
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Excellent prioritization experience and experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of maintaining automated MHE equipment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, Subsidised gym membership and profit-sharing scheme.