Resident Engineer - Heston
The Resident Engineer will support our customer on all automation related topics. They will provide a broad based electrical and mechanical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Resident Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the LTS internal department KPI’s
- Co-ordinate all maintenance activities, planned repairs and reactive repairs of the automated equipment on site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators and shuttles
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all engineering activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Deliver the installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- Track serviceability versus targets including analysis of error rates and production of corrective action plans.
- Support and manage the business’s automation monitoring equipment.
- Devise and implement plans to increase efficiency and improve quality, against measurable standards
- Mentor, train and advise on engineering best practice at all levels
- Support an environment that inspires continuous improvement and the generation of ideas
- Look for opportunities that can add value for the customer and create possible revenues for TGW
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Experience of managing small teams on a customer site
- Able to work a pitman shift pattern, 7-7 (7am-7pm, 7pm-7am) Monday-Sunday
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7 , Profibus, Canbus , Profinet and ASI Bus
- Experience within the FMCG or Food & Drink Manufacturing sector
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, subsidised gym memberships and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!