Resident Engineer - Tamworth
TGW Northern Europe are seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join a client site based in Tamworth, Staffordshire. The client is a leading UK retail/e-commerce organisation and the site has been live since 2017, supplying over 250 retail branches across the UK & Ireland as well as online orders.
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer working within the TGW Residential Engineering Team, you will support the automated equipment - which includes conveyors, picking stations, robots and lifts - maintaining the equipment on site and ensuring that it operates at maximum efficiency with minimal downtime.
In addition, you will work closely with the client and represent TGW during customer meetings, building the relationship with the site teams. .
- You'll be responsible for autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site, which includes KDR conveyors, Stratus cranes, Stingray shuttle V4, ABB robot system, Strapping device, Tote lift, Destacker plus any other third party supplied equipment.
- Supporting the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Electrical and mechanical fault-finding and rectification
- In consultation with the site engineering manager, develop and implement maintenance procedures, engineering standards, specifications, risk assessments and method statements
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical qualification (such as 17th edition)
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Able to work a panama shift pattern (two 12 hours shift patterns Monday-Sunday, working 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off)
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, subsidised gym membership and enrollment into the group-wide profit-sharing scheme.