Resident Technician - Heston
The Resident Technician provides a broad based electrical, mechanical, FM and software first line fix with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance
It is based on a customer’s site and you will be required to assist in the covering of holidays and sickness.
Good communication skills are required to ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained at all times.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators and shuttles
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Can demonstrate experience or a keen interest in engineering through previous roles / experience and hobbies
- Able to work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, subsidised gym membership and a london living allowance.