Site Engineering Manager - Waalwijk
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Site Engineering Manager to join our team based in Waalwijk.
The Site Engineering Manager has responsibility for managing the ongoing service and maintenance of the automation on our clients site.
They ensure the smooth running of the site and manage and support the Resident Engineering team of 10, acting as a key escalation point when required.
They drive their team forward with a right first time mind-set, using lean techniques as well as traditional maintenance techniques and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained at all times.
- Day to day management of a team of Engineers and Technicians
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted Key Performance Indicators
- Contract management of customers facilities
- Actively work with the site team to optimise the automation performance
- Manage customer expectations
- Ensuring teams are trained and kept up to date on Health & Safety Legislation and safe working procedures
- Build strong and long term relationships with the customer site teams
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities within the existing customer sites through using lean techniques
- Stay up to date with the technical aspects of the TGW products
- Support future LTS projects as and when required
- Attend site meetings with the customer as and when required
- Comply with current TGW QA procedures and documentation
- To provide effective feedback to TGW and the Customer
- Achieve standards of performance relating to customer satisfaction, technical efficiency and company image
- Undertaking audits, reviews and corrective action, as required
- Manage holidays, absence and overtime to meet the contract requirements but not exceed budgetary constraints
- Responsible for teams appraisals, individual rewards/acknowledgement, performance management and discipline
- Relevant qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Previous experience in an automated warehouse environment preferred
- Experience of managing a large team within a multi-site environment
- Proven experience of working with and to quality and health & safety standards
- Understanding of lean techniques and the ability to implement these techniques within TGWNE
- Experience of transferring and knowledge sharing
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Operationally focused with the ability to work in a time critical environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office package
- Prepared to travel regularly across our Northern Europe region
- Fluent in Dutch and English
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension and 32 days holiday.