Systems Integration Manager
An exciting and hugely varied position which encompasses pre-sales, design, integration, simulations and testing of new materials handling automated projects for clients across the UK and Northern Europe.
As a Systems Integration Manager, you’ll sit as part of our Project Realisation department and play a key role in new projects implementing automated materials handling solutions. Our pipeline of new projects is growing, with a number of bids and proposals already underway with a range of clients across Northern Europe, so it's an exciting time to be joining us!
The Systems Integration Manager will act as a technical subject matter expert and the glue between all of the different project teams. This includes defining what success looks like for IT and Controls suppliers and then reviewing this throughout to ensure objectives have been met.
You will also work closely with the client throughout the project acting as a technical expert of the automated solution, which will enable you to manage the client’s expectations from an early stage.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with the full life-cycle of the project, from pre-sales design to delivery of the solution...
You’ll determine the feasibility of the design, review the contractual requirements and outline any limitations of the solution, which will involve running and reviewing simulation models. In addition, you will produce the test specification for the project.
- Define the tests and scenarios which are required for the simulation
- Lead the production of the functional design specification
- Review predicted vs actual processes on the solution.
- Assess the design to ensure that it will deliver the performance and functionality which is required by the client contract.
Defining and managing on-site Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) to ensure all systems achieve the requirements. You’ll also manage Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) on the client site.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced Systems Integration Manager who has experience in delivering automated materials handling solutions. However, we would be open to considering candidates from an Applications Engineering, Controls Engineering or IT (WCS/WMS applications) background who have been involved with similar projects and have an excellent technical understanding to be able to describe the testing process of automated solutions. You’ll need to have strong client facing skills and experience in leading / coordinating teams. A Mechatronic qualification is also preferable.
- Broad knowledge and experience of Engineering and material flow.
- Track record of technical project delivery, with experience of the full life-cycle
- Excellent client management skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Background in applications engineering, controls engineer, automation engineering or IT (WCS/WMS applications) consultancy.
- Mechatronic qualification (HNC level or above)
We offer a highly competitive salary plus a car allowance and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free on-site gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!