Controls Technical Support Engineer
The Controls Support Engineer is a critical role within the TGW Lifetime Services (LTS) team, providing highly technical customer service and support, focusing on the TGW Controls solutions. This position requires strong customer service and communications skills coupled with comprehensive technical knowledge in the areas of TGW controls.
- Take remote support calls and take ownership in resolving issues related to TGW automated warehouse solutions for our customers.
- Effectively, professionally and accurately use our call tracking system to record customer calls, provide regular updates, and record the final resolution.
- Participate in on-site customer transitioning process to learn the customer system and environment in order to provide exceptional customer support.
- Participate in learning opportunities for continuous improvement of your skills and knowledge.
- Troubleshoot customer system errors, uses judgment to authorize and secure assistance, follow through with customer until issue resolved.
- Follow-up with root cause evaluation and resolution after initial issues are corrected.
- Ability to use various access software systems as needed to diagnose and resolve customer system malfunctions or perform system maintenance.
- Establish and maintain organized documentation and work methods for all Remote support activities.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely customer service records and coordinate invoicing with Finance Department.
- Spend time working with the Controls group learning TGW controls installations
- Coverage varies between days, nights and weekend as planned, well in advance within the team.
- Associates degree plus Controls experience or Bachelors degree in a engineering or computer related discipline or similar
- One or more years of equipment controls (and mechanical) experience, e.g. having being a commissioning engineer for Controls or SW systems
- Knowledge of and experience with Controls systems (i.e. Siemens / Allen Bradley)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong relationship building skills with high customer focus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the abililty to guide customers through troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Good understanding of network infrastructure, familiarity with TCP/IP, subnetting, switching & routing, Ethernet concepts
- Team oriented approach
- Familiar with virtualized operating systems with VMware
- Not afraid to learn and participate in continuous improvement