Electrical Controls Engineer
Under the supervision of the controls manager and/or the controls project lead, perform all activities associated with controls design, engineering, and on-site implementation of automatic material handling equipment and subsystems. This includes close interaction with project teams in a positive and focused manner to realize productive results. Clear inter-departmental communication is necessary as are frequent customer discussions. The individual must also provide accurate and high quality work with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Understanding of controls hardware/software design and implementation.
- Have the ability to understand and work to all local / regional & federal regulations, assuring that designs and applications meet and/or exceed compliance.
- Prepare and utilize subsystem installation, commissioning test procedures and checklists.
- Provide support for subsystem electrical installation, interface testing, training, and startup support.
- Support other departments within TGW Systems such as: Product Development, Project Management, Manufacturing, Systems Engineering, Installation, Software Engineering, Lifetime Services, etc. and others as assigned or requested.
- Equipment/subsystem commissioning - configuration, testing, troubleshooting, debug, implementation, etc. of :
- Controls hardware and Software
- Human Machine Interface (HMI), User/Operator Interface,
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Effectively plan and manage daily tasks with time critical awareness.
- Prepare periodic installation and commissioning of:
- Status reporting: items completed, items planned, punch list items, concerns
- Project summary reporting: lessons learned, improvements, and pitfalls
- Possible temporary assignments as needed.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 2+ years’ experience in Electrical Controls Engineering or 5-10 years practical Controls Engineering experience
- Experience with the design and implementation of System PLC Cod, controls networks, and integrated motion controllers
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical preferred
- Experience with one or more of the hardware and software applications for Allen Bradley, SIEMENS and Modicon Programmable Logic Controllers “PLC”
- Ideal candidate will have 2 years design and implementation experience of controls systems for the material handling industry. Including technologies such as conveyor, sortation & induction, motion controllers, SCADA, storage and retrieval machines and shuttle systems
- Effective communication (internal and external)
- Travel requirements, possibly international, to support project implementations from 50%- 85%