Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician is critical role within the TGW Lifetime Services (LTS) team, providing services to our existing customer base to install, repair and service material handling equipment, including conveyors, shuttles, cranes, AS/RS and other material handling equipment, ensuring maximum availability of equipment and customer satisfaction. When not actively providing field support, the Field Service Technician will be training, preparing field activity reports, helping provide Hotline Customer Service for problem resolution, and assisting with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Resolve customer issues as quickly and practical as possible.
- Participate in the Hotline customer support process for troubleshooting, diagnosis and correction of equipment issues, through phone, VPN or site visit as needed.
- Conduct the company’s service business in a financially conscientious manner by controlling costs and making responsible decisions regarding the billing of customers for parts and services.
- Communicate, dress and perform in a professional way at all times while conducting TGW business or travel.
- Follow up in a timely manner and submit to the TGW Lifetime Services (LTS) a detailed service report detailing the initial problem, root causes and corrective action undertaken.
- While onsite, review the overall conditions of the customer’s equipment, spare parts inventory, Preventive Maintenance and servicing procedure, training requirements and best practices the customer has developed. Include observations on competency of operating personnel and include recommendations for additional support services in service reports.
- Prepare required reports on field activities.
- Offer assistance to any individual that is working on the TGW equipment and address any product related question that they ask you.
- Be prepared to train customers and colleagues both formally and informally.
- Present training material while getting feedback on participant understanding and their ability to implement the basic concepts presented in the class.
- Escalate through the company chain of command any issues that are restricting your ability to maximize our equipment up time.
- Be available after normal work hours in the event of emergencies and Hotline support.
- Keep LTS Account Management aware of all travel arrangements and call in before leaving a customer site.
- Be prepared at all times to travel to the customer site as required when this is the best approach to resolving the problem.
- Administrative paperwork, timesheets, expense reports, etc., must be complete in accordance with LTS procedures and schedules.
- Bachelor or Technical degree in Electrical, Electronic or Controls Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience with material handing conveyor and AS/RS experience
- PLC programming (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong relationship building skills with high customer focus
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to give customers confidence in the work being performed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn and implement new skills with our equipment and the industry
- Abilty to build and present training plans to peers and customers and their staff
- Travel required 60-80% with limited notice