IT Service Desk Supervisor
The IT Service Desk Supervisor leads the team that responds to helpdesk incidents and provides workplace services such as computer deployments and software requests. This role is part of a growing, global IT team, participating in cross organizational (international) circles to enable continued development and growth of TGW’s IT services and processes, both on global and local levels.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of team who support our physical office locations in the US, expected to consistently drive SLA compliance and overall customer satisfaction.
- Directly oversees enterprise-wide computer hardware purchasing, imaging, deployment, or shipment, consistently executes process to ensure expiring hardware is routinely refreshed across the organization.
- Works closely with System Administration team to ensure corporate OS images are up to date and secure.
- Actively monitors ticket SLAs and ensure the team is meeting expectations set by the business and help remediate customer complaints.
- Responsible for hiring and training of all new team members, performance management and ensures adequate team coverage to support end user needs.
- Works with colleagues to document and refine corporate IT processes. Analyzes existing Operations practices and make recommendations for the improvement of availability and efficiency of systems and staff.
- Assists with budget analysis and planning and capital expenditure planning and execution.
- Creates and maintains a user training program for both new and existing employees to maintain security awareness and improve application skills.
- Participates in Major Incident, Problem, and Change processes including tracking, documentation, reporting, and facilitating all applicable communications surrounding established processes.
- Participates in global/regional project work and delegate responsibilities to team members as required. Consistently drive improvement efforts in a global team environment.
- Several years’ experience with Help Desk and Technical Support functions, prior experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation platforms, server applications in an administrative or senior technical support position, Microsoft SCCM preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory including creating and modifying accounts and managing group membership.
- Excellent understanding of Service Desk functions and processes.
- Experience with project management concepts.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under time constraints and effectively oversee the work of others.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate to all levels of users from all organizational levels of hierarchy.