IT Services Specialist
IT Services Specialist’s primary role is to provide administrative and technical support for in-house developed and third-party applications and to assign tickets that come to the IT Help Desk. Other key roles include maintenance and operation of critical business applications and the ability to analyze, diagnose, find root cause of an issue and solve it or escalate the issue to another team or individual. Additionally, the IT Services Specialist should proactively identify issues before they occur which assists in the overall maintenance of the applications. This role will work directly with all levels of employees including having direct contact with clients.
- Triage and assign Incidents and Requests for the IT Helpdesk.
- Provide administrative and technical support for assigned applications.
- Provide support for PCs and Operating Systems.
- Monitor Solarwinds and server environment to respond to outages before they are reported.
- Administer day-to-day operation of cellphones and landlines.
- Create and maintain support documentation for IT Team and end-user applications.
- Deliver team and end user training as needed to assigned applications at both Norton Shores and Grand Rapids.
- Obtain technical proficiency for the support and administration of other assigned internally developed and third party applications.
- Access Cisco switches to verify or change port configuration, shut/noshut ports and other commands using documented processes.
- Purchasing responsibility for cellular phones and other IT hardware and software.
- Work directly with product vendors and internal specialists to remediate open support issues.
- Assist with developing project plans, including scope, schedule, deployment, and continued product support.
- Assess and recommend new product functionalities to increase value to the business.
- Work closely with operations teams for new application installations, releases, and testing.
- Perform duties outside of normal work hours as assigned/required including on-call rotation (10-12 calls per month).
- Active Directory knowledge would be helpful.
- Provide support as needed to other IT projects.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- Broad-based IT background
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with multiple departments to take an issue to resolution
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently