Jr. Systems Engineer Co-Op Student
TGW Systems, Inc. creates mass-scale system designs that connect digital shoppers to mega-sized retail distributors around the globe. Our team proactively improves processes after analyzing the system specifications and gaining a complete understanding of the project’s mechanical equipment and design requirements.
We have an opening for an ambitious Jr. Systems Engineer Co-Op Student to join our Integrated Systems Team in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Learn the tools to implement the turnover from Systems Development to Systems Engineering
- Proactively improve processes
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate the detailed engineering activities to be on time and on budget
- Travel to and work at customer job sites
- Analyze mechanical installations and equipment lists to implement solutions
- Work with project teams on ensuring customer satisfaction
- Experience challenging work, mentorship and project providing a degree of autonomy and responsibility
- Train others on what you learn
- Junior or senior level student in process of completing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience with built drawings, analyzing system specifications, design and implementation processes
- Experience preparing project files that include cost estimates/budgets, timetables and equipment lists
- Understanding of material handling systems engineering and/or other available manufactured equipment including pneumatics, electrical controls, structural steel, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication practices
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications and AutoCAD
- Ability to travel up to 20%