The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing and recording of company’s factory payroll as well as time and attendance.
- Process and administer factory payroll
- Maintain work schedule and time sheets, verify attendance, hours worked and pay adjustments (rate changes, deductions, garnishments, etc.)
- Track overtime and accruals including leave time (e.g., vacation, short term disability, FMLA, Workers Compensation)
- Ensure compliance with state and federal wage and hour laws
- Process weekly 401(K) contribution
- Maintain pension program including hours report and monthly contribution
- Track disciplines
- Responsible system entry of new hires and employee record maintenance in HRIS and other systems and databases.
- Run reports, perform audits and provide analysis and corrective action
- Provide support for financial audits (per pay, monthly, year-end, etc.)
- Support Office payroll
- Administer building access cards and employee ID badges
- Perform other office administrative duties as required
- Minimum three (3) years experience administering all payroll functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Payroll office experience in a union environment preferred.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or Finance required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
- In depth knowledge of federal and state tax regulations, FLSA, DOL and other pertinent payroll legislation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and current payroll/HRIS systems; Paycom experience a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy combined with a solutions oriented attitude
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure and meat all deadlines.