Project Manager I
Responsibilities in this position include the planning and successful completion of concurrent material handling integrated systems through the complete project cycle. The successful candidate must be customer focused with the ability to clearly communicate, work within and promote a team environment, and maintain and nurture positive relationships with customers, vendors and peers.
- Management of the assigned projects from receipt of PO to acceptance by the customer, completion of all open points, and successful handover to LTS.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle: planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery.
- Ensures the engineering integrity of systems such that the contractual specifications are met with respect to system functionality, productivity, reliability, quality, and safety.
- Maintains project schedule, open items list, and risk register. Updates these on a weekly basis.
- Manages the project budget and the forecasting of costs. Identifies potential over-runs early and develops mitigation plan to minimize negative impact to project.
- Coordinates with engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing for material requisitions and equipment deliveries to meet project milestones.
- Organizes and oversees the staffing of the project.
- Monitors progress against milestones, budget guidelines, and other performance indicators.
- Personally accepts concurrent assignments as Project Manager and in developing bid packages, evaluating bids, processing PO’s, and monitoring vendors.
- Creates an environment within the project conducive to innovation, analytical objectivity and receptivity to new equipment and methods for meeting customer requirements and exceeding margins.
- Travel required for customer meetings, vendor meetings, and oversee installation/commissioning activities on site.
- Practice and promote good work habits, leading by example. Support and promote TGW's team concept.
- Compliant with the realization process and all other corporate guidelines.
- Keeps management informed of on-going issues and potential concerns that may be escalated by the customer.
- Handles basic issues and problems. Refers more complex issues to higher level staff.
- Possesses beginning to working knowledge of subject matter.
- Support Sales in bid process
- Maintains comprehensive and complete documentation of situations that can lead to claims against TGW.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical systems experience
- System level working knowledge of Mechanical, PLC Controls and Software Engineering
- 1-3 years technical systems experience in materials handling industry preferred
- PMP certification preferred