Resident Maintenance Engineer
The Resident Maintenance Engineer will support our customer on all automation related topics. This position requires several years experience working in an industrial environment and the ideal candidate must have a broad based electrical and mechanical skillset along with a right the first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based at our customer sites, the Resident Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Resolve customer issues as quickly and practically as possible.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders in our CMMS.
- Monitor and maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks. carton opening system.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
- Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
- Lead co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations.
- Train new technicians.
- Bachelor, Associate or Technical degree in Controls Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must have several years engineering experience in an industrial environment (factory/warehouse), material handling experience including working with Warehouse Management Systems preferred.
- Several years electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience; fluent in use of troubleshooting tools (Digital Multimeter, power supply, hand tools).
- Several years experience PLC programming and use of programming, diagnostic and troubleshooting tools (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff).
- Profibus, Profinet, CAN bus experience.
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and ERP applications preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a focus on customer service; includes experience with creating work instructions and documenting issues and resolutions.
- Approximately 20% travel may be required.