Resident Maintenance Engineer Lead
This is a hands-on working leadership role responsible for supporting the customer on all automation related topics as well as supervising the day-to-day operations of the TGW resident maintenance team. The Resident Maintenance Engineer Lead acts as a key liaison and escalation point for the customer on all automation and TGW personnel related topics. A strong overall knowledge of electrical, mechanical, controls automation and software support, with the ability to provide technical support to the customer, are key skill sets for this role.
- Serve as liaison between the supported facility and the Lifetime Services team, building a strong relationship with the customer site team.
- Provide broad based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability to improve the site’s performance.
- Work with customer on coordinated maintenance activities, planned repairs, and reactive repairs of the automated equipment.
- Drive and build upon continuous improvement through team and documentation.
- Ensure the team is trained and kept up to date on safety guidelines.
- Work with customer to monitor and maintain the site spare parts inventory upon request.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience supervising a maintenance team in a factory or warehouse environment preferred.
- Several years experience PLC programming and use of programming, diagnostic and troubleshooting tools (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff).
- Several years electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience; fluent in use of troubleshooting tools (Digital Multimeter, power supply, and hand tools).
- Profibus, Profinet, CAN bus experience preferred.
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and ERP applications.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.