Supply Chain Generalist
The Supply Chain Generalist is responsible to provide supply chain support to Commodity Buyers and Material Planners, including management of supply chain freight & import transactions, material planning coverage, and assignment of paint, freight, surcharge and tariff charges to respective purchased items to maintain more accurate material cost accounting. Works with Commodity Buyers to coordinate planning activities with specific supplier and commodity strategies. Supports regional manufacturing facilities in support of organizational and operational objectives.
- Work with Small Parcel, Cartage, LTL and Truckload freight providers to manage freight & import transactions, reduce overall inbound freight expenses and insure optimal delivery reliability.
- Cross-train with Material Planners to serve as back-up for daily ordering, expediting, follow up, maintenance, and confirmation of required components using MRP scheduling system. (Create and maintain purchase orders, releases, outside service orders, requisitions, transfer orders, purchase alerts, supplier debits, etc.) Monitor supplier quality & delivery performance and communicate chronic issues Commodity Buyer to support supplier development/continuous improvement activities & initiatives
- Assign paint, freight, surcharge and tariff charges to respective purchased items to maintain more accurate material cost accounting
- Promptly communicate issues and material shortages as appropriate
- Enter and maintain MRP planning parameters in MRP/ERP system. Data set-up, maintenance and planning of new and revised items, routings, and BOM’s
- Assist Commodity Byers in reviewing invoice discrepancies against P.O. and item record pricing. Correct any clerical errors. Elevate supplier price errors to Commodity Buyer
- Coordinate component delivery logistics
- Develop excellent working relationship with internal/external customers and suppliers
- Proactively identify cost reduction initiatives and other supply-chain strategies to improve net working capital and coordinate with Lead Planner and/or Commodity Buyer to facilitate implementation.
- Participate in cross-functional projects with all Company Departments.
- Ensure personal compliance with all Company policies, procedures, guidelines, ethics, Code of Conduct, directives, and rules and Act as a good steward of the TGW’s resources and exemplifies TGW’s values:
- We are results driven
- We think and act proactively
- We are open-minded
- We act responsibly
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, 2- or 4-year degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working at a manufacturing/industrial company in a supply chain role.
- Comfortable working with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Create charts and/or graphs to communicate information
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Accountable, motivated, self-starter with results-oriented attitude.
- Minimal, up to 10%.