Process and Software Consultants at TGW support the sales team in the competitive effort to win profitable business by ensuring that the TGW solutions produced are implementable and operable under a potential client’s existing processes and industry norms for distribution processes. Particular attention is paid to the ability to implement the proposed strategies within a real-life Warehouse Control System and Warehouse Management System environment.
In this supporting role, the consultant primarily interfaces with a customer’s Project Lead, IT and Operations teams to deeply analyze the current distribution processes in the building in which TGW’s system would be operating. This knowledge then forms the core of the consultant’s role in the sales process wherein they assist in several design tasks and produce key deliverables ensuring the project’s viability and optimality. These are outlined below for the primary tasks/deliverables in a typical firm quote.
Further, as the current sales team has limited resources to pursue early-stage opportunities, Process and Software Consultants may be tasked with leading early-stage projects through a ROM offer stage. This includes the full development of a proposed intralogistics solution and the required deliverables with the support of Applications Engineering resources.
- Offer support to the design team in decisions on key design features
- Focus on customer processes to produce the following key deliverables: Process Map, Warehouse Management System/Warehouse Control System Scope Split, TGW Warehouse Control System sales information, Warehouse Controls System Feature Set.
- Serve as a supporting member of the handover process between sales and realization upon project award. Play a leading role in discussions between TGW’s Warehouse Control System role and the customer’s IT group in order to develop the Functional Design Specification.
- Aquire a detailed understanding of customer processes of interest to TGW including, but not limited to, supply chain strategy, current WMS scope, workload management, and order requirements.
- Supervise any development of the Warehouse Control System to PLC information flow.
- BSE in Computer Science or Operations Engineering
- At least five years in the high-level design or operation of diverse intralogistics systems at varying levels of automation including experience with using AutoMod.
- A working understanding of intralogistics industry norms in the management of facilities via WMS and WCS software
- A broad knowledge of industry technologies and system configurations and the workflows supporting distribution on the full spectrum from fully manual to fully automated systems
- At least five years of working with TGW equipment or similar technologies (shuttle systems, miniload cranes, carton and tote conveyor, unit load conveyor, pick stations) a plus.
- At least five (5) years working with TGW equipment or similar technologies (shuttle systems, miniload cranes, carton and tote conveyor, unit load conveyor, pick stations)
- Ability to travel up to 25% including international travel for training and workshops as well as visits to customer sites for fact-finding and presentations.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.