The Project Engineer III is the overall mechanical and technical lead on highly complex integrated material handling systems. The Project Engineer works closely with all other internal disciplines within the project team, the customer, vendors, etc. to ensure the overall realization and success of the project.
The Project Engineer III is responsible for ensuring the completion of all assigned technical tasks on-time, on-budget and with a high level of quality. This position requires high attention to detail, critical thinking, and ability to apply industry experience and know-how on a daily basis. The Project Engineer makes use of acquired skills in material handling systems engineering to successfully meet project requirements.
The Project Engineer III supports the assigned projects from the time of the sales handover to customer acceptance (realization phase). In certain cases, the Project Engineer is also involved during the sales and/or systems development phase, and after customer acceptance (LTS).
The Project Engineer III efficiently delegates work to less experienced team members while coaching and mentoring them. This position requires leadership skills, effective communication skills and organizational skills. The Project Engineer 3 has a high level of industry and project experience and is expected to be a leader and decision maker within the team.
- Monitor assigned project tasks to maintain budget, schedule and quality requirements; as well as knowing and complying with the technical contractual basis and agreed performance of the system.
- Ensure project focus is on customer satisfaction and obtaining or exceeding as sold profit margins in accordance to the project budget and schedule. Define, identify and implement potential cost-saving activities.
- Validate the plausibility of technical solutions and clarify contradictions or inconsistencies with customers, suppliers and/or purchased components.
- Participate in the creation of the project’s functional specification on the basis of the contractually agreed performance. Monitor the department’s and suppliers’ functional specifications and the overall layout on the basis of the contractually agreed performance.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable safety and industry standards and guidelines so that a compliant system can be handed over to the customer.
- Participate in layout creation and project-specific revisions with focus on integration of construction and suppliers’ equipment, proactive detection of collisions and close cooperation with the layout designer. Lead in the creation of system documentation such as system layouts.
- Assist in the definition of supplier requirements, technical clarification of third party equipment, and complete preparation for the subsequent supplier selection.
- Participate in the organization of the project closing meeting, recording all important lessons learned during the project.
- Assist in training new Project Engineers and other associates regarding company procedures, industry standards, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related degree preferred; Associates degree with related experience also accepted.
- 5+ years of experience in material handling preferred.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to manage large project orders or multiple projects at once.
- Ability to travel approximately 30%.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.