We are now recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join our resident maintenance team based at our brand new customer site in Peterborough.
Our Resident Engineers have an incredibly varied workload due to the range of equipment utilised on our sites. Your duties could include carrying out servicing on the conveyors to replace a broken roller or bearing, fault-finding on the BUS network and panels, conducting meetings with the customer’s operation teams to identify improvement areas, servicing the shuttle modules, coordinating planned preventative maintenance, or leading on breakdowns.
- Support all maintenance activities, planned repairs and reactive repairs of the automated equipment
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Support customer meetings by providing updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all engineering activities with the customer
- React to any automation breakdown in a timely manner ensuring minimal downtime, whilst mindful of escalations
- Support the delivery of installation, commissioning and testing of upgrades and enhancements.
- Support tracking serviceability versus targets including analysis of error
- Look for opportunities that can add value for the customer and create possible revenues for TGW
You’ll be a multi-skilled engineer with experience of working in an operational engineering role. You will ideally have some experience with automated equipment (conveyors, lifts, shuttles, etc.) and will be confident in communicating with different individuals and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7, Profibus, Canbus, Profinet and ASI Bus
We offer the opportunity to join a new site and assist the team commissioning with a view to you being fully up to speed before the site goes live. This new site will utilise all of TGWs current kit and will be a flagship site for us and you can be a part of that team.
On top of that we offer a competitive salary, overtime, enhance pension, subsidised gym membership, profit share scheme and much more.