We are currently recruiting for an experienced Resident Engineer to join our team.
The Resident Engineer supports our customer on all automation related topics. They provide a broad based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Resident Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, shuttle systems, kingdrive conveyors and other tote and parcel transportation equipment
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Assist with site software commissioning and handover testing of in-house and sub contract controls solutions
- Minimum MBO 3
- knowledge of electrical engineering principles
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Fault finding ability on electrical circuits
- Working knowledge of fieldbus systems (AS-interface, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet)
- Experience of PLCs and I/O systems.
- Experience of conveyor systems.
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems is preferable
- Able to work a shift pattern including night shifts.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the largest TGW residential sites where you will be integral to ensuring the site runs smoothly and efficiently. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package plus full training will be provided.